Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Silk Stockings

I love being a Christian because you get used to having small things thrill you. My most recent thrill is this pair of socks. They aren't just any socks- to me they are silky, cream colored knee highs that bring me into all my dreams about silk stockings that I got in my mind from reading all those Lucy Maud Montgomery novels. You can't tell from the picture but they're shiny from the silkiness- they are now my Sunday socks and will be a secret delight for the dark winter months at school.

"I wish I could have a pair- just one pair- of silk stockings. Ilse has three. Her father gives her everything she wants, now that he has learned to love her. But Aunt Elizabeth says silk stockings are immoral. I wonder why- any more than silk dresses."

L.M. Montgomery, Emily Climbs

4 comments:

Tony Pistilli said...

Your father is quite right: you are weird to everybody.

Good Thunder said...

and argyle isn't weird at all MISTER Maria...?

Tony Pistilli said...

At least my socks are cotton.

Good Thunder said...

At least I don't wear my socks with shorts