Sunday, August 22, 2010

Baking Days

I love baking, but what I love even more is when my SIBLINGS bake! There's just something so irresistible about a boy of 7 saying "Rosey, I think I'm going to make some chocolate chip cookies" in his little voice- then doing it- by himself! This week Gracie decided to make pancakes:
Benjamin made "Chocolate Crinkles":
He spent half the night thinking up plans to sell them....
Though I should give him credit for wanting to give them away to our neighbor Bob first.
Then my boyfriend Tony and I made a cake roll at the request of Joseph. We went early to mass this morning so we could save a spot for the rest of my family- but by God's hand my family overslept and had to go to the 11 o clock (since when does Mom accidentally sleep in??)- as a consolation we made lunch and this cake roll while they went to mass. This time we got a picture- behold the delicious fluffy swirlyness!
Then to squeeze in one more baking excursion I made some sweet potato muffins for breakfast tomorrow. Sweet potato mash is something I will definitely keep in my freezer as a Momma. And to put some Catholic sprinkles on this post I'll leave you with a quote from my new beloved acquaintance St. Stanislaus Kostka, "I find a Heaven in the midst of saucepans and brooms."

No comments: