Saturday, November 29, 2008

Homemade

I've had a couple of good baking/ cooking days and feel quite satisfied with myself (so does my tongue).  Oh how I love home!  So much time to do anything you want and endless baking supplies.  Who wouldn't want to chat over cranberry-almond-citrus scones?  

Or sit in your cozy room sipping  warm homemade turkey broth with a little wild rice and leftover turkey tossed in?
Then finish it all off with a hunk of fresh wheat bread...
This bread's name is Sean- my mom said I had to name it because it turned out so huge.  I'm actually most proud of the turkey stock- though I don't know why- it's just boiling a turkey carcass with some vegetables.  I guess I just feel like a real woman when I can make soup without opening any kind of can or carton.  Of course the scones were made with oil instead of butter- and I actually did put milk in them, though I could have used soy-milk.  Perhaps I will write out the recipe later.  I'm not sorry for the milk because they tasted creamy and delicious (and the company that came with them was equally satisfying).  I can't resist cranberries or conversation.  
My last night at home!  Only two more weeks until finals then I'll be home until February.  The Lord has blessed me abundantly- Praise him!!

No comments: