Friday, November 28, 2008

Morning


I love mornings at home.  Somehow I always manage to spend an hour or more eating breakfast.  Yesterday morning Joseph and I watched the sun come up before mass.  I ate biscuits with peanut butter and bananas while he drew a picture of the sight.  

This morning Benjamin finished his bunny blanket and taught Joseph how to finger-knit.  He's a good teacher- Joseph even says so.  Don't you miss being a kid and doing activities for hours while not noticing that all you're wearing is spiderman underwear?

Somehow they ended up knitting from the two ends of the same piece of yarn.  They seemed to be pretty jolly about it though, even though the yarn itself was a big tangled mess in the middle.

  After breakfast Joseph played with a toy car in the living room while repeating the phrase "feliz cumpleanos" to himself.  Tell me again why I'm in college and not here...?

4 comments:

Tony Pistilli said...

Your going to college to get a good education to get a good job that pays lots of money while your two kids are at day care. It's what all the empowered women are doing these days...

Good Thunder said...

Oh BARF! I'm a real feminist who says women are humans- WHAT A REVELATION! I CAN DO WHAT I WANT!

Michael said...

You will probably be able to teach your children how to be musicians so they can play at my mass or something. I don't know, God wants you and I both to learn and be smart for some reason.

Good Thunder said...

If you're talking academically- college has taught me very little- but "being smart" has more to do with interacting with people than anything else. Being at school really has taught me how to interact with people better- both with people that agree and disagree with me- God knew what he was doing when he sent me to school (I admit that it's good for me), but I still miss home.